The CGRS has published its figures for the month of April 2015.
The following information can be taken from these statistics:
- In April 2015 1,289 asylum applications were filed in Belgium, i.e. an increase of 4,4 % in comparison with March 2015.
- In April the main countries of origin were Syria (153 applications, 11,9 % ), Afghanistan (126 applications, 9,8 %), Somalia (95 applications, 7,4 %), Iraq (69 applications, 5,4%) and Guinea (55 applications, 4,3 %). China (4 %), Russia (3.7%), asylum seekers whose nationality is undetermined (3.6%), Kosovo (3.3%) and DR Congo (3.2%) complete the top 10 countries of origin.
- Of the 1,289 asylum applications were registered in April, there are 405 (31.4%) multiple applications. These applications are mainly from asylum seekers from Afghanistan (56 applications), China (44 applications) and Russia (34 applications).
- In April, the total amount of decisions taken by the CGRS amounted to 1,474 decisions. 337 of which were taken as part of the processing of multiple applications (132 decisions taking the case into consideration and 205 decisions refusing to take the case into consideration).
- Among the 1,137 other decisions (decisions on the substance) taken by the CGRS in April, 571 decisions granted refugee status and 109 decisions granted subsidiary protection. In April 2015, the protection rate amounts to 59.8% (680 positive decisions out of 1,137 decisions on the substance).
- At the end of April, the total workload of the CGRS consisted of 5,861 cases. 3,900 cases can be considered as a normal workload. The actual workload consists of 1,961 cases.