The CGRS has published the asylum figures for April 2019.
APPLICATIONS FOR INTERNATIONAL PROTECTION
- In April, the Immigration Office registered 2,156 applicants for international protection. Each person (including children) is counted separately. Another 91 persons came over to Belgium through resettlement in April. As a result, the total number of applicants in April is 2,247.
- In April 2019, Syria, Afghanistan and Palestine lead the top 10 of countries of origin of applicants for international protection. Iraq, Guinea, Eritrea, Turkey, Burundi, Somalia and Iran completed the top 10.
- In April 2019, the CGRS took 1,098 decisions, concerning a total of 1,322 persons.
- In April 2019, the protection rate amounted to 42,2 %.
- The total workload of the CGRS corresponds to the number of cases in which the CGRS has not yet taken a decision.
- At the end of April 2019, the total workload amounted to 6,396 cases (8,200 persons). In view of the current inflow, a volume of 4,200 dossiers can be considered as a normal caseload. The actual backlog amounts to 2,196 cases.