The CGRS has published the asylum figures for August 2021.
Applications for international protection
- In August, the Immigration Office registered 2,859 applicants for international protection. Each person (including children) is counted separately. Another 3 persons were registered in the framework of resettlement. As a result, the total number of applicants in August is 2,862.
- In August 2021 Afghanistan, Syria and Eritrea lead the top 10 of countries of origin of applicants for international protection. Somalia, Palestine, Iraq, Turkey, Albania, Georgia and Guinea completed the top 10.
- A very large number of applications for international protection in August concerned persons from Afghanistan (948 persons). In addition, the percentage of persons who submitted a subsequent application in the month of August is strikingly high (27%).
- In August 2021, the CGRS took 1,386 decisions, concerning a total of 1,652 persons.
- In August 2021, the protection rate amounted to 47,2 %.
- The total workload of the CGRS corresponds to the number of cases in which the CGRS has not yet taken a decision. At the end of August 2021, the total workload amounted to 15,351 cases (18,954 persons). Compared to the end of June, the workload, therefore also the backlog, has been reduced by 440 files. In view of the current inflow, a volume of 4,200 dossiers can be considered as a normal caseload. The actual backlog amounts to 11,151 cases.