The CGRS has published the asylum figures for February 2020.
APPLICATIONS FOR INTERNATIONAL PROTECTION
- In February, the Immigration Office registered 1,990 applicants for international protection. Each person (including children) is counted separately.
- In February 2020 Afghanistan, El Salvador and Syria lead the top 10 of countries of origin of applicants for international protection. Iraq, Eritrea, Guinea, Turkey, Palestine, Russia and Albania completed the top 10.
- In February 2020, the CGRS took 1,609 decisions, concerning a total of 1,961 persons.
- In February 2020, the protection rate amounted to 27,7 %.
- The total workload of the CGRS corresponds to the number of cases in which the CGRS has not yet taken a decision. At the end of February 2020, the total workload amounted to 11,920 cases (15,077 persons). In view of the current inflow, a volume of 4,200 dossiers can be considered as a normal caseload. The actual backlog amounts to 7,720 cases.