The CGRS has published the asylum figures for February 2021.
APPLICATIONS FOR INTERNATIONAL PROTECTION
- In February, the Immigration Office registered 1,422 applicants for international protection. Each person (including children) is counted separately.
- In February 2021 Afghanistan, Eritrea and Syria lead the top 10 of countries of origin of applicants for international protection. Palestine, Guinea, Undetermined, Iraq, Somalia, Georgia and Congo (DRC) completed the top 10.
- In February 2021, the CGRS took 1,577 decisions, concerning a total of 1,853 persons.
- In February 2021, the protection rate amounted to 30,5 %.
- The total workload of the CGRS corresponds to the number of cases in which the CGRS has not yet taken a decision. At the end of February 2021, the total workload amounted to 14,462 cases (17,817 persons). In view of the current inflow, a volume of 4,200 dossiers can be considered as a normal caseload. The actual backlog amounts to 10,262 cases.