The CGRS has published its figures for the month of January 2015.
The following information can be taken from these statistics:
- In January 2015, 1,313 asylum applications were filed in Belgium, i.e. an decrease of 20.2 % in comparison with December 2014 and an decrease of 4.6 % in comparison with January 2014.
- 388 (29.6 %) of the 1,313 asylum applications registered in January are multiple asylum applications.
- In January the main countries of origin were Syria (167 applications, 12.7 %), Afghanistan (155 applications, 11.8 %), Iraq (120 applications, 9.1 %), Guinea (72 applications, 5.5 %), Kosovo (also 72 applications, 5.5 %) and RD Congo (53 applications, 4 %). Russia (3.8 %), Albania (3.6 %), the asylum seekers whose nationality is undetermined (3 %), Ukraine (2.7 %) and Somalia (2.7 %) complete the top 10 of countries of origin.
- In January, the total amount of decisions taken by the CGRS amounted to 1,281 decisions, 469 of which were taken as part of the processing of multiple applications (205 decisions taking the case into consideration and 264 decisions refusing to take the case into consideration).
- Among the 812 other decisions (decisions on the substance) taken by the CGRS in January, 427 decisions granted refugee status and 42 decisions granted subsidiary protection. In January 2015, the protection rate amounts to 57.8 % (469 positive decisions out of 812 decisions on the substance).
- At the end of January, the total workload of the CGRS consisted of 6,348 cases. 3,900 cases can be considered as a normal workload. The actual workload consists of 2,448 cases.