The CGRS has published the asylum figures for July 2019.
APPLICATIONS FOR INTERNATIONAL PROTECTION
- In July, the Immigration Office registered 2,262 applicants for international protection. Each person (including children) is counted separately.
- In July 2019, Afghanistan, Syria and Palestine lead the top 10 of countries of origin of applicants for international protection. Eritrea, Somalia, Turkey, Iran, Iraq, El Salvador and Guinea completed the top 10.
- In July 2019, the CGRS took 1,220 decisions, concerning a total of 1,524 persons.
- In July 2019, the protection rate amounted to 42 %.
- The total workload of the CGRS corresponds to the number of cases in which the CGRS has not yet taken a decision.
- At the end of July 2019, the total workload amounted to 7,854 cases (9,970 persons). In view of the current inflow, a volume of 4,200 dossiers can be considered as a normal caseload. The actual backlog amounts to 3,654 cases.