The CGRS has published the asylum figures for June 2020.
APPLICATIONS FOR INTERNATIONAL PROTECTION
- In June, the Immigration Office registered 623 applicants for international protection. Each person (including children) is counted separately.
- In June 2020 Afghanistan, Iraq and Syria lead the top 10 of countries of origin of applicants for international protection. Guinea, Somalia, Albania, Palestine, Congo (DRC), Cameroon and Venezuela completed the top 10.
- Owing to the confinement measures decided by the National Security Board in order to check the propagation of the Coronavirus, personal interviews have been suspended at the CGRS since Monday 16 March 2020. The CGRS gradually resumed the interviews from 8 June 2020.
- Therefore, the CGRS has taken 594 decisions in June 2020, concerning a total of 760 persons. This could for a large part be achieved by closing pending files in which a personal interview had already taken place.
- In June 2020, the protection rate was 49.8 %.
- The total workload of the CGRS corresponds to the number of cases in which the CGRS has not yet taken a decision. At the end of June 2020, the total workload amounted to 10,822 cases (13,501 persons). In view of the current inflow, a volume of 4,200 dossiers can be considered as a normal caseload. The actual backlog amounts to 6,622 cases.