The CGRS has published the asylum figures for November 2021.
Applications for international protection
- In November, the Immigration Office registered 2,404 applicants for international protection. Each person (including children) is counted separately. Another 47 persons were registered in the framework of resettlement. As a result, the total number of applicants in November is 2,451.
- In November 2021 Afghanistan, Syria and Palestine lead the top 10 of countries of origin of applicants for international protection. Eritrea, Iraq, Somalia, Moldavia, Turkey, El Salvador and Georgia completed the top 10.
- In November 2021, the CGRS took 1,246 decisions, concerning a total of 1,643 persons.
- In November 2021, the protection rate amounted to 54,4 %. The higher protection rate is mainly due to the fact that for Afghanistan only decisions of recognition of refugee status were taken and a lot of decisions were taken for UNRWA Palestinians and applicants from Eritrea.
- The total workload of the CGRS corresponds to the number of cases in which the CGRS has not yet taken a decision. At the end of November 2021, the total workload amounted to 16,056 cases (19,449 persons). In view of the current inflow, a volume of 4,200 dossiers can be considered as a normal caseload. The actual backlog amounts to 11,856 cases.