The CGRS has published the asylum figures for October 2019.
APPLICATIONS FOR INTERNATIONAL PROTECTION
- In October, the Immigration Office registered 2,929 applicants for international protection. Each person (including children) is counted separately.
- In October 2019, Afghanistan, Syria and El Salvador lead the top 10 of countries of origin of applicants for international protection. Eritrea, Iraq, Palestine, Turkey, Somalia, Georgia and Albania completed the top 10.
- In October 2019, the CGRS took 1,631 decisions, concerning a total of 2,020 persons. The number of decisions taken in October was significantly higher than in the past few months. This is due to the recruitment of additional personnel, the first batch of which arrived in August to reinforce the CGRS.
- In October 2019, the protection rate amounted to 32,2 %. The lower protection rate is mainly due to the high number of inadmissibility decisions. Within this category, the share of decisions regarding inadmissibility – subsequent application (350 persons) and decisions regarding inadmissibility – international protection in another member state (236 persons), was very high compared to the previous months.
- The total workload of the CGRS corresponds to the number of cases in which the CGRS has not yet taken a decision.
- At the end of October 2019, the total workload amounted to 9,907 cases (12,603 persons). In view of the current inflow, a volume of 4,200 dossiers can be considered as a normal caseload. The actual backlog amounts to 5,707 cases.