The CGRS has published the asylum figures for October 2020.
APPLICATIONS FOR INTERNATIONAL PROTECTION
- In October, the Immigration Office registered 1.716 applicants for international protection. Each person (including children) is counted separately.
- In October 2020 Afghanistan, Brazil and Syria lead the top 10 of countries of origin of applicants for international protection. Somalia, Eritrea, Palestine, Iraq, Albania, Guinea and Turkey completed the top 10.
- The CGRS resumed the interviews from 8 June 2020. The CGRS has made arrangements to guarantee the safety of the interviews. Therefore, the CGRS has taken 1.309 decisions in October 2020, concerning a total of 1.568 persons.
- In October 2020, the protection rate was 31.9 %.
- The total workload of the CGRS corresponds to the number of cases in which the CGRS has not yet taken a decision. At the end of October 2020, the total workload amounted to 12,912 cases (16,154 persons). In view of the current inflow, a volume of 4,200 dossiers can be considered as a normal caseload. The actual backlog amounts to 8,712 cases.