The CGRS has published its figures for the month of March 2015.
The following information can be taken from these statistics:
- In March 2015, 1,348 asylum applications were filed in Belgium, i.e. an increase of 11.3 % in comparison with February 2015.
- In March the main countries of origin were Syria (163 applications, 12.1 %), Afghanistan (108 applications, 8 %), Iraq (96 applications, 7.1 %), Somalia (76 applications, 5.6 %) and Russia (73 applications, 5.4 %). Guinea (5.3 %), Kosovo (4.1 %), RD Congo (3.9 %), Albania (3.4 %) and Pakistan (3.1 %) complete the top 10 of countries of origin.
- 427 (31.7 %) of the 1,348 asylum applications registered in March are multiple asylum applications.
- In March, the total amount of decisions taken by the CGRS amounted to 1,676 decisions, 461 of which were taken as part of the processing of multiple applications (184 decisions taking the case into consideration and 277 decisions refusing to take the case into consideration).
- Among the 1,215 other decisions (decisions on the substance) taken by the CGRS in March, 583 decisions granted refugee status and 140 decisions granted subsidiary protection. In March 2015, the protection rate amounts to 59.5 % (723 positive decisions out of 1,215 decisions on the substance).
- At the end of March, the total workload of the CGRS consisted of 6,152 cases. 3,900 cases can be considered as a normal workload. The actual workload consists of 2,252 cases.