The CGRS has published the asylum figures for November 2020.
APPLICATIONS FOR INTERNATIONAL PROTECTION
- In November, the Immigration Office registered 2,014 applicants for international protection. Each person (including children) is counted separately. Another 157 persons were registered in the framework of resettlement. As a result, the total number of applicants in November is 2,171.
- In November 2020 Afghanistan, Syria and Somalia lead the top 10 of countries of origin of applicants for international protection. Eritrea, Iraq, Palestine, Guinea, Turkey, Albania and Brazil completed the top 10.
- The CGRS resumed the interviews from 8 June 2020. The CGRS has made arrangements to guarantee the safety of the interviews.
- Therefore, the CGRS has taken 1,097 decisions in November 2020, concerning a total of 1.339 persons.
- In November 2020, the protection rate was 29,1 %.
- The total workload of the CGRS corresponds to the number of cases in which the CGRS has not yet taken a decision. At the end of November 2020, the total workload amounted to 13,169 cases (16,454 persons). In view of the current inflow, a volume of 4,200 dossiers can be considered as a normal caseload. The actual backlog amounts to 8,969 cases.